This should be a fun day. We will work on some simple thread painting techniques and see what we can do with our sewing machines. We’ll work those machines like they should be worked !
I will bring some Wonderfil threads for you to try.
I will also bring a couching foot, some wool, and some ribbon that can be used to TEAR apart and have some fun with.
Things to Bring :
- A couple of bobbins filled with either light gray thread, bobbin thread or invisible thread.
- A machine capable of free motion quilting and zig zag stitching. It is a good idea to bring along your machine’s instruction book.
- All machine feet including a quilting foot and one that you would use for zig zag stitch as well as straight stitch.
- Screw driver to change feet.
- Embroidery scissors
- Sewing scissors
- Small ruler, small mat, rotary cutter
- Threads to play with ! Yellows, greens, browns, blues, pinks, oranges, burgundys . Anything colours that could be used in landscapes and flowers.
And best of all……..your imagination !!!
Optional to Bring :
Couching foot if you have one for your machine
Stablizer (not iron on) (Remnants larger than 2’ x 3” can be used.)
Sky material or blues suitable for sky if you have it. (Remnants larger than 2’ x 3’ can be used !